To partner with parents and adult volunteers in leading students to be and build reproducing disciples of Christ who worship God, connect with others, grow in His Word, and go take the Gospel to our world.
Equip parents and adult volunteers to effectively disciple students through the teaching of God’s Word.
Create multiple relational environments in which students are exposed to Christ, connected with other peers, and equipped to make reproducing disciples of unbelieving and believing students.
Develop student leaders who become local missionaries and ministers in their families, schools, sports teams, jobs, the church, etc.
Provide opportunities for students, parents and adults to take the Gospel to the least reached places – locally, nationally and internationally.
Celebrate what God has done through times of corporate worship and prayer.
The majority of our ministry to students and families takes place in the following environments:
- Church Campus – our main church campus
- Homes – approved homes of church and community members
- School Campuses – various school campuses throughout Central Arkansas
- Local Community – various locations such as parks, community ministries, places of business, etc.
- National/International – various locations for periodic mission trips
The following are some of the foundations (the non-negotiables) to Immanuel’s student ministry:
- Authority of Scripture – The Bible is the infallible Word of God. It was written by men divinely inspired and is God’s revelation of Himself to man. It is the supreme and final authority.
- Parents are Primary – God has ordained the family as the foundational institution of human society. It is composed of persons related to one another by marriage, blood or adoption. We value the family as the primary institution for passing on the love and truth of God from generation to generation. Parents are to teach their children spiritual and moral values, and to lead them through a consistent lifestyle example and loving discipline to make choices based on biblical truth.
- Sound Doctrine – Scripture is the sole authority that defines truth, our beliefs and our behaviors. The Baptist Faith and Message best reflects the doctrinal views of Immanuel Baptist Church.
- Disciple Making is the Core – Christ commanded that His people “go and make disciples of all nations” (Matthew 28:19). Everything that Immanuel’s student ministry does is examined and evaluated through the lens of making reproducing disciples of Christ.